Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Two years...

Two years since I used blogspot... lot has happened. I'm on the final stretch of finishing my degrees in political science and computer science. I'm also trying to get into grad school.

One of my friends of 15 years is engaged... long story short, wanted to date her... but well, win some lose some. Been trying to look around some, always get my face smaked in the mud in various ways. What I have learned? Girls that have had previous mistakes are attracted to me for some odd reason. It sometimes gets annoying. Had one family member that made some mistakes... big ones in this area. 'Tis been my guide post of what not to look for... including my past attempts.

I'm one of the few that ask advice from my parents in this area, and their opinion... they are wiser than me. Better learn from someones else's mistakes and wisdom than repeat history in ones own unique way and drown in the mud. God will eventually set things up in his timing... (Yes. I'm a Christian.)

One of the things I dislike is people smoking around me, or in my vehicle or where I live. My family has medium to severe acute asthma attacks when it comes to cigarette smoke, and I start coughing. I have heard stories of it from my mom that the aunt that raised her took a drag... face went blue then got a breath then took another one... and she died of lung cancer. No thanks, and besides the smell stinks. Also, I don't drink because I have alcoholism on both sides of my family... enough said.

I have a few friends and one late relative that is/was (legally) deaf, but I, myself, am not deaf or hard of hearing. I've visited a deaf chapel when I was on my internship in the northeast US. I was fortunate to have a now acquaintance at the chapel tutor me in ASL when I was up there. I kind of put learning ASL on pause because of the mountain of college related stuff that is piling over my head.

On politics, I am supporting McCain because he has previous experience, knows what it is like to be a solider, and his economic policies. Obama on the other hand... my response to his economic policies are that raising taxes and protectionism is what helped turned the Great Depression into is now famous name sake. That, and I do not like his stance on abortion and embryonic stemcell research.

I have a coauthor now that I'm writing my now... hum... saga with... (yes... it grew exponentially). That saga is now put on hold as I tackle the mountain of college work in front of my eyes.

One more month of this semester... then one more semester... (then grad school?)

Signing off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home